2020 was a very challenging year for SCMA as it was for many other organizations as we adjusted our events from in-person to online, starting in March of this year.
We were able to hold the following events that close to 500 people attended.
- February: our annual Family Mediation Institute
- March: Webinar on online mediation with Susan Guthrie
- May: Litigation Nuts & Bolts for non-lawyers on-demand webinar with Mark Lemke
- May: Panel webinar on the future of mediation with Jeff Kichaven, Kristin Rizzo, and Wendy Kramer
- June: Webinar on marketing techniques with Drew Vaughn
- July: Panel webinar on advanced online dispute resolution with Susan Guthrie, Dr. Debra Dupree, and Simon Boehme
- July: Panel webinar on the role of mediators in challenging times with Ken Cloke, Avis Ridley-Thomas, and Professor Sukhsimran Singh. Moderated by immediate SCMA Past President Angela Reddock-Wright.
- September: Our first on-line networking event (the September Soiree). We enjoyed our favorite beverage and met in small groups using the Zoom break out rooms format to meet other SCMA members we have not met before and to reconnect with members who we have not seen in a while. It worked!
- September: Webinar on Covid-19 updates and the impact on the employment environment. Insights on new laws, regulations, and how mediators can better deal with these issues. Led by lawyer/mediator, Carol Gefis.
A huge thanks to all those that spoke or who helped to make these events happen.
We hope those who attended found them to be insightful, informative, and enhanced your mediation practice in some manner.