President's Message - September
Saturday, September 5, 2020
Below is a synopsis of the past 30 days, upcoming events, and information or you can listen to my (5 minute) YouTube video for a slightly more expanded version, which includes a brief review of our new website. We continue to evaluate our activities and like all of you are adjusting to our constantly changing environment.
Past 30 Days
- August 17: We transitioned to our new website. Members: update your profiles so that they are viewable in our ‘mediator directory’. (A new UN and PW was emailed to you on August 17).
- Sept. 3: Held our annual September (formerly ‘Summer’) Soiree networking event.
- Three PDGs held their sessions.
- Nominations process ended for our 2021 Board of Director’s open positions.
- All our previously recorded webinars can be purchased from our webinar library.
- September 14: Webinar with Carol Gefis on Covid-19 and the impact on employment mediations.
- September 15: Board of Director election process begins. Six nominations for four open positions.
- November 7: Our Annual Conference will be online this year. Will include a track by the American Arbitration Association.
- SCMA – Southern California Mediation Association
- MC3 – Mediator Certification
- KMC – Kids Managing Conflict
SCMA, like other organizations, still has expenses and your continued membership is VERY much appreciated in helping to maintain the services that we offer.
Thanks for staying connected to SCMA.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
SCMA – President 2020